Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers have long been able to turn to Crystal Palace’s defensive assets for cheap returns.
The Eagles, marshalled by veteran Roy Hodgson, have hit double-figures for clean sheets in the last two seasons, and also carried set piece potential.
But this season, the well appeared to have run dry, with Palace only recording three clean sheets thus far.
More worryingly, the Selhurst Park outfit were also on the end of two Christmas stuffings, losing 7-0 to Liverpool and being outplayed by 10 men in their 3-0 defeat to Aston Villa.
But since the Villa defeat, Palace’s defence has shown signs of recovery, with encouraging performances against Leicester and Arsenal.
We are taking a deep dive into the stats to see if Palace can once again be relied upon for cheap defensive returns.
As this article uses extensive data from the Fantasy Football Scout Premium Members Area, only those with a valid subscription can access it in full.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#FPL #managers #trust #Crystal #Palace #defenders #appealing #fixtures