The clash between Manchester City and Southampton this evening brings to a close the fourth Double Gameweek in a row in Fantasy Premier League.
Kick-off at the Etihad is at 18:00 GMT.
Part one of City’s Gameweek 27 double-header was underwhelming to say the least, with the Manchester derby going the way of United and not one of Pep Guardiola’s squad managing anything more than appearance points.
Southampton’s weekend fixture went a little better for those Fantasy managers backing the Saints, with Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side banking their first clean sheet since Gameweek 17.
It wasn’t all good news, however, with Danny Ings succumbing to a muscle injury that curtailed his Double Gameweek 27 involvement.
With both clubs in action three times in the space of a week, changes always looked likely this evening – and there are 11 in all across the two teams.
Guardiola has made five of them, with Joao Cancelo, John Stones, Raheem Sterling, Rodri and Gabriel Jesus all making way.
The City boss brings Kyle Walker, Aymeric Laporte, Fernandinho, Bernardo Silva and Phil Foden back into his starting XI.
Sergio Aguero is again only among the substitutes.
Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has gone one better than his opposite number, changing over half of his team.
Ings is among the six alterations but the other five are unenforced, with Fraser Forster, Kyle Walker-Peters, Ibrahima Diallo, Takumi Minamino and Nathan Tella dropping to the bench.
Forster’s omission means that Alex McCarthy returns to the side after a two-game absence.
Jack Stephens, Mohammed Salisu, Moussa Djenepo, Nathan Redmond and Che Adams are also recalled for this tricky-looking clash.
Four of ten most-captained players are involved tonight, although one of them, Sterling, is only among the substitutes.
Ilkay Gundogan, Kevin De Bruyne and Ruben Dias are the other three in question.
Man City XI: Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Dias, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Foden, Silva.
Southampton XI: McCarthy, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Stephens, Salisu, Bertrand, Djenepo, Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Adams.
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#Cancelo #Sterling #Stones #benched #McCarthy #recalled #Forsters #expense