A Manchester City squad hit by injury and illness take on Chelsea in the last of today’s two Premier League fixtures.
Kick-off at Stamford Bridge is at 16:30 GMT.
The visitors are missing six of their squad because of COVID-19 positive tests.
The unavailability of Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus we were already aware of, while social media posts from Ederson and Tommy Doyle all but confirmed that they too were among those self-isolating.
Ferran Torres and Eric Garcia have reportedly been added to that list, with the latter still struggling with injury, too.
Despite the shortage of options, Sergio Aguero is still only among the substitutes for this afternoon’s fixture.
Goalkeeper Zack Steffen makes his Premier League debut as Pep Guardiola makes three changes to the City side that beat Newcastle 2-0 in Gameweek 15.
Oleksandr Zinchenko and Phil Foden are also recalled, with Ederson, Torres and Nathan Ake dropping out.
Ake is absent because of “fitness issues”, while Aymeric Laporte misses out because of a tight hamstring.
Benjamin Mendy is on the bench, despite his off-field misdeeds.
Frank Lampard makes five changes to the Chelsea team that drew 1-1 at home to Aston Villa last Monday.
Timo Werner is recalled, while Hakim Ziyech makes his first appearance since suffering a hamstring injury in early December.
Thiago Silva, Kurt Zouma and Mateo Kovacic also return to the side.
Reece James is again absent through injury, while Olivier Giroud, Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Jorginho drop out of the starting XI.
Chelsea XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kanté, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech.
Manchester City XI: Steffen, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo, Sterling
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Lessons learned from FPL Gameweek 17
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#City #players #missing #COVID19 #revealed #fitagain #Ziyech #returns