Here’s another article where 4 FFGeek Contributors show their Fantasy Premier League GW21 teams. There’s Kris O, Andrew Whitfield, Costas Chari and Rob Cosgrove
Fantasy Premier League GW21 teams – 4 FFGeek Contributors teams part 2
I outline my FPL strategy along with 10 other FFGeek contributors in our new EBook.
A reminder of the additional Patreon content
$2 plus Vat per calendar month
* Weekly podcasts with myself and the FFGeek Contributors
* All the articles on www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk advert free
$3 plus Vat per Calender month (plus the above)
* access to the FFGeek Contributor tracker team incl live transfers (52k OR in 19/20)
*access to Joseph Crilleys transfer planner and points projection tool
* access to the the Patreon Planner team runs from Joe’s planner projection tool incl live transfers (32k OR 19/20)
* Imaginary wildcard articles
*Bandwagon and Sinking Ships articles
*Slack Channel access
*access to private FPL leagues
No Commitment beyond 1 Calendar month
This is part 2 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. It won’t cover transfers in real time either. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more. The teams are shown as their “final-ish” teams so they could change. Where they have twitter accounts I have shown this and they may update them there or on our Slack Channel which is part of our subscription Patreon site but this is not guaranteed
See part 1 of the FFGeek Contributors teams here
Kris’s last 4 seasons overall rank were 39k, 44k, 46k and 23k
GW20 points: 46 -4 (FPL average 42) Total points: 1,243, Overall Rank: 89k, red arrow: 19k Team Value: £104.7m
Kris has used his Free Hit
A bad week for me, down to two ‘wrong’ decisions:
1. Bring in Dias or Cancelo, 2. Start Soucek or Adams. Maybe Dias pays off long term, but the Soucek points have gone now!
My plan this week was either Son in for Soucek or Calvert Lewin in for Adams. With Kane now injured I’ll likely do Kane to Calvert Lewin, leaving 8.7m in the bank! So will also add the Soucek to Son transfer for a -4. I’m also tempted by a move to Alexander-Arnold for another -4, I’ll read some more about views on whether last night was a one-off or a return to form.
Captain currently Salah, though maybe I’ll jump to Calvert Lewin
Good luck all
transfer summary: Kane out to Calvert Lewin in and Soucek out to Son in
Here’s the team before transfers are made:
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 132k last season and 6k in 18/19 and 19k in 17/18
GW20 points: 40 -4 (FPL average 42) Total points: 1,240, Overall Rank: 98k, red arrow: 36k Team Value: £104.2m
Andrew has used his Free Hit Chip and his triple Captain Chip
Follow Andrew on twitter here
– Well football continues to be full of surprises. The most captained player in FPL history “blanked”, the leagues bottom club go away and beat the league leaders and knock them off the top, the highest scoring player for the second successive week is a Man City defender, and now Kane has joined Vardy and KDB on the crocked list !!
– A huge variance in scores this week, as a result of none of the double figure scorers and only one of the top twenty scorers being more than 20% owned, and the popular big guns of Salah, Bruno, Kane and Son all blanking. The Cancelo points and the Soucek points were particularly significant.
My GW20 score and rank:
– Well after 12 green arrows in the last 13 weeks, it was inevitable that one would come along to bite me on the bum and this was definitely it !! One where a key 50/50 call proved costly and everything seemed to conspire against me. It wasn’t pretty.
– 40 points with a hit ( net 36 ) with just three returns from Gundogan, Watkins and Dias. A captain blank and 15 points at first sub.
– After scaling the ranks from 1.6M to 62K on the back of a stream of green arrows, back from 62k to 98k this week, which is disappointing. But it’s been a great run. The key is to get back on the bike and bounce back.
– Bizarrely, if I had landed the Cancelo points or Soucek points, I would have been looking at a green arrow. I could have had both but got neither.
My GW20 talking points:
– Bringing in Gundogan for the injured De Bruyne (“KDB”) was a big tick. It was either him or Sterling and both delivered. Gundogan of course comes with a 6M price saving, he looked in sizzling form, played a really advanced role and scored two clinical goals. Pity he was withdrawn so early but at least that bodes well for the next game. Is he Messi in disguise ??
– My key decision all week was having brought in Gundogan, whether or not to take a hit to double up on the Man City defence with Cancelo or to bring in Kane instead with all my spare KDB cash, or wait and bring both in later. Cancelo had zero double figure scores and was a small rank risk compared to Kane, who had five previous double figure hauls. The rest is history. Cancelo scored 17 points, Kane blanked and got injured and now it’s a likely extra transfer to fix it. Ouch. Those Cancelo points would have been the difference between red and green this week, so fine margins.
– I was still feeling pretty confident going into the spurs v Liverpool game, holding Kane, Son and Salah, but VAR wiped out a classic early Kane to Son combo plus a Salah goal too !! A night that promised much and ended in frustration, especially with the Kane injury.
– Of course I left 15 Soucek points at first sub but many more did too. That’s inevitable now we all have deep squads as a result of an aborted GW19 bench boost. Even by not bringing in Kane, I would probably have still played Adams over Soucek. I saw a few tongue in cheek comments that the ones who got the Soucek points must have had a poor team. Probably the same people who said the Stones owners got lucky last week as they couldn’t afford Cancelo !! Soucek remains a great squad player.
– The blank from captain Bruno Fernandes wasn’t too costly as most people dud the same. Well done to those who went Sterling or another differential Captain. The blanks for Bruno, Salah, Kane and Son were a blow after I set up a “four premium team”, with Kane and Son being reasonable differentials as a pair.
– So missing the Soucek and Cancelo points defined my week. And whilst I had all the major ranking risks covered, there were still plenty of well owned players like Grealish and Antonio who chipped in to hurt me. The fact that I actively set up to control rank risk by owning the most highly owned players, actually restricted my rank drop so the damage was not as bad as it could have been.
– Onwards and upwards and let’s get back on the bike !!
So what next:
– I had 1.5M in the bank and one free transfer. I now have a treasure chest of money if Kane is out for a while.
– I have made the Walker Peters to Cancelo move that I had planned and deferred to this week to get Kane. Man City have conceded two goals in ten games, a double in their defence seems essential and Cancelo is playing as an attacking midfielder. So he is in. I am still proceeding with a move I simply have to make and put off from last week to this. The Cancelo show only reinforced my desire to make the planned transfer.
– Before the Kane injury, I was looking at ways to get in Antonio who seems to be on fire and could have scored four last game. He is well owned by elite managers and my fellow contributors. I am happy with the form of Watkins. The obvious route to Antonio seems to be through the out of sorts Bamford who looks right off it just now. Bamford is extremely highly owned so it’s a move I would have to consider carefully as a template and risk controlled player. But Bamford to Antonio is an inviting move.
– The injury to Kane throws up the alternative possibility of getting in Antonio alongside Bamford and Watkins. Not sure it’s worth a hit when he plays Liverpool as I could bench Kane for a week, save the hit and use my bench. Soucek is first sub. Would Antonio out score Soucek by more than four points ?
– The other alternative is to move Kane to Calvert Lewin and if I did, it would make sense to do it this week before he plays Newcastle and then Leeds. I like my strikers in rich veins of form. Antonio ticks that box more than Calvert Lewin who hasn’t scored since GW11. Calvert Lewin was unstoppable early season but went on a long drought before his injury. Antonio is actually considerably higher owned than Calvert Lewin around my rank level.
– After what happened with the “long term” injury to Son when he played next game, maybe a wait and see for one game on Kane might be the play and avoid the hit this week. I have more money than the Bank of England so I can swallow a price drop or too. I could stick on Kane, give myself more time, play Soucek this week and then bring in Antonio for Kane for free next week.
Lots to consider !!
My GW21 team:
– So Cancelo in for Walker Peters so far . Still undecided on what to do with Kane but I have until Saturday morning to decide.
– Captain is tough. Salah has six successive blanks so can’t be a confident pick at West Ham. Bruno hasn’t scored for four games and plays at Arsenal. I was all over Kane and Son at Brighton but not sure how Kane missing will affect Son. The popular play is often to captain a top side at home to a bottom six side. Cancelo carries a small rotation risk and the added possibility of a withdrawal before 60 mins which would lose the clean sheet. Pep made a few 50-60 minute subs recently. Which leaves Gundogan. If I can get his price tag out of my mind, he is a great choice v Sheff Utd. The polls will be interesting.
So lots to think about !!!!
Good luck everyone in GW21 and if you had a week like mine, the good news is another one comes around quickly, so keep your pecker up !!!
transfer summary: Walker Peters out Cancelo in. Kane transfer undecided
Here’s the team with the Cancelo transfer completed
Costas’s last 4 seasons overall ranks were 17k, 84k, 29k and 27k
GW20 points: 65 -4 (FPL average 42) Total points: 1,217, Overall Rank: 193k, green arrow: 79k Team Value: £103.7m
Costas has used his triple Captain Chip
Follow Costas on twitter here
Did not walk into the gameweek with confidence as I had 4 injuries that made me take a hit again and just one option on the bench (Burke) if something went wrong. GW STARTED BADDD Soucek, Antonio, Cancelo, Gundogan where firing and I had NONE.
Luckily my captain Sterling delivered in the end and offset the damage made by the aforementioned players. Its good to note here that Sterling has been my captain the past 3 gameweeks. Although gw18 was a disaster I stood with him and with my gut and it paid of. 33 points in GW19 from triple captaining and another 11 points GW20. He has outscored more than 7-8 of the most popular captain picks hence my rice from around 600k to 192k now. Slowly and silently doing the job
So I couldn’t do anything but captain him again this week against Sheffield.
Transfers were a disaster this week. I took a hit to bring Werner in and he did not even feature. Lady luck was by my side though and Burke and his 6 points came from the bench. It was also the week I awaited for a long time, the week where Maguire scored 💪
This week I already did my transfer. It was the one I planned for last week but the Vardy and De Bruyne injuries where priorities. I brought Cancelo in! If I did it last week then my rank would be close to 150k.
So… Tierney out for Cancelo and captain Sterling. Sterling did play very wide the other day which is not ideal but cant see past him this week.
Transfer summary: Tierney out for Cancelo.
Here’s the team with the transfer made
Rob’s last 4 seasons overall rank were 64k, 45k, 40k and 23k
GW20 points: 59 (FPL average 42) Total points: 1,097, Overall Rank: 1,590k, green arrow: 293k Team Value: £103.0m
Rob has used his Free Hit Chip
A decent score which was pretty much wrapped up by the end of the Tuesday games! Everyone had the same Bruno captain blank so that didn’t really change much. I was disappointed to only get 7 points from my triple West Ham as I thought it would be a low scoring game at Palace. Harrison scoring was much needed after Bamford’s early sub so overall pretty happy with another 300k (ish) green arrow! There is still a long way to go but I’m heading in the right direction.
Onto this week and the plan was to bench 2/3 of my West Ham gang. This means playing Johnstone in goal which is never ideal but VS Fulham could be a cheeky clean sheet? We’ll see.
Onto the triple Leeds dilemma I have. Only Harrison seems to be worth having but the plan is to take him out this week! Seems crazy after just scoring a goal for me but there is more options in midfield and the fixtures aren’t ideal. The next is Dallas who I just don’t see ever playing in my team and is too expensive to bench at 4.8m so he goes too. I am keeping Bamford for now but benching him because I feel Bielsa may bench him to give him a rest this weekend.
I had quite a bit in the bank from selling KDB last week so starting with Dallas I could pretty much afford anyone apart from Robbo/TAA. In the back of my mind I am thinking of all these extra games which could land anywhere last minute. Everton seem to be playing Digne LW and with his assist potential playing out of position should bring great rewards. We also have 2 games yet to be announced and Newcastle at home is the perfect entry point.
Onto Harrison now. Leicester are in fantastic form but the Digne transfer prices me out of an upgrade to Barnes or Maddison. I can afford Tielemans however who has the same points overall as Maddison, is on pens, and scored a brace last time he played Leeds so in he comes!
Captain is a tricky one this week. Sheff Utd don’t really get blown away so I don’t see Gundogan scoring massive again, Bruno is away at an improved Arsenal, Salah at an improved West Ham, and Everton are the early kick off so that rules out DCL! I originally had it on Son but with Kane maybe injured does his output decline? Seems uncertain so don’t want that risk. On a purely fixture based punt and after ruling out pretty much everyone else is my team I am captaining Tielemans! Could be nuts or sheer genius, we’ll see on Sunday afternoon!
Transfer Summary: Dallas, Harrison OUT Digne, Tielemans IN
Here’s the team with transfers completed
FFGeek Contributors League
The highlighted FFGeek contributors combined team finished with an overall rank of 52k last season is going ok in 2nd place with total points of 1,284 and an overall rank of 19k. You can follow that team, including live transfers, on our subscription Patreon site.
You can also follow Joe’s transfer planner team which finished with an overall rank of 32k last season currently in 20th place with total points of 1,174 and an overall rank of, 507k.
There’s loads of other features on the Patreon site that you can read about at the top of this page
Auto join the FFGeek FPL league
#Fantasy #Premier #League #GW21 #teams #FFGeek #Contributors #teams #part