Fantasy Premier League managers were dealt a rough hand on Wednesday night as a number of key assets sustained FA Cup injuries.
While the latest results in the competition helped to clarify which teams would, or would not, feature in Blank Gameweek 29, there are now a number of problems to overcome for Double Gameweek 24.
The popular Dominic Calvert Lewin (£7.7m), and James Justin (£5.2m), were among those to pick up problems on Wednesday, the Everton man forced off with a hamstring issue and Leicester’s full-back with a damaged knee.
Ahead of two fixtures in Double Gameweek 24, Calvert-Lewin is in 44.6% of Fantasy teams after registering a 12-point haul against Manchester United.
Elsewhere, the 23%-owned Rúben Dias (£6.1m) was omitted from Manchester City’s matchday squad due to an illness while Nick Pope (£5.5m) “had to miss” Burnley’s FA Cup match too.
The Burnley goalkeeper was already heavily sought-after Double Gameweek 24 option but his current injury flag hangs doubts over his defensive colleagues such as James Tarkowski (£5.3m) and Ben Mee (£5.0m) if he were to miss out.
Of course, it is still too early to say if any or all of these players will recover from their knocks to feature this weekend. Fantasy managers are, therefore, encouraged to keep an eye on our injuries and bans feed.
Accordingly, holding off from early transfer activity until Thursday and Friday’s press conferences also seems sensible.
BLANK GAMEWEEK UPDATE
Wednesday evening’s FA Cup results have given us a clearer picture of the Blank Gameweek 29 schedule.
Wins for Manchester City, Leicester City, Sheffield United and Everton mean the following fixtures, alongside Crystal Palace and Manchester United will have to be postponed from that round:
- Burnley v Leicester
- Man City v Wolves
- Sheff Utd v Aston Villa
- West Brom v Everton
Meanwhile, Brighton’s defeat at Leicester tonight confirms their Gameweek 29 meeting with Newcastle still goes ahead.
That fixture joins West Ham v Arsenal and Fulham v Leeds as one of three confirmed fixtures for that round.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#FPL #managers #hit #wave #injuries #Cup #starts #shaping #Blank #Gameweek