Here’s our article where 4 FFGeek Contributors with their FPL team tips DGW24. Each show their DGW24 teams. There’s Andrew Pratt, Stephen Troop, Avishek Majumdar and Ben Wooton
FPL team tips DGW24 – 4 FFGeek Contributors teams part 3
I outline my FPL strategy along with 10 other FFGeek contributors in our new EBook.
A reminder of the additional Patreon content
$2 plus Vat per calendar month
* Weekly podcasts with myself and the FFGeek Contributors
* All the articles on www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk advert free
$3 plus Vat per Calender month (plus the above)
* access to the FFGeek Contributor tracker team incl live transfers (52k OR in 19/20)
*access to Joseph Crilleys transfer planner and points projection tool
* access to the the Patreon Planner team runs from Joe’s planner projection tool incl live transfers (32k OR 19/20)
* Imaginary wildcard articles
*Bandwagon and Sinking Ships articles
*Slack Channel access
*access to private FPL leagues
No Commitment beyond 1 Calender month
This is part 3 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. It won’t cover transfers in real time either. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more. The teams are shown as their “final-ish” teams so they could change. Where they have twitter accounts I have shown this and they may update them there or on our Slack Channel which is part of our subscription Patreon site but this is not guaranteed
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 313k last 8k in 18/19 and 1k in 17/18
GW23 points: 59 (FPL average 58) Total points: 1,480, Overall Rank: 31k, red arrow 10k, Team Value: £106.2m
Andrew has all his Chips left
Gameweek 23 went badly with Soucek being unfairly sent off and 34 points left on the bench contributing to a 10k red arrow. The less said the better.
Gameweek 24 and the doubles are upon us. Triple City is a must over the next few weeks. Burnley defence is interesting in the short term. I feel Fulham is probably a trap this week and going forward. Everton would be interesting but their key assets in Digne, Calvert-Lewin and Rodriguez are currently flagged. Justin and Dias also sound doubtful. Pope and Antonio sound like they will be okay.
I have 2 free transfers and I must admit I’m not sure which way I’m going this week. I have considered the following:
1. Using the 2 free transfers and maybe a hit to prepare a team to bench boost this week. The recent injuries have scuppered this plan.
2. Wildcard into DGW24 to prepare for the series of potential doubles through until BGW29, where I’d free hit. I’m currently off this option because the doubles in the coming gameweeks have not been confirmed at the time of writing and my team seems strong enough to make it through the short term without what feels would be wasting the wildcard.
3. Use my 2 free transfers in DGW24 and wildcard in DGW25 in preparation for bench boosting in DGW26. This has been my default option for some time but until the DGW26 fixtures are confirmed I don’t know that my current team isn’t significantly different to what I would wildcard into anyway. We probably won’t know the DGW26 fixtures before DGW24’s deadline so this wildcard option will be reconsidered when we go into DGW25. I’d ideally like to know if I was going to wildcard in DGW25 as I’d then be comfortable using both free transfers in DGW24 and not hold one back to have 2 going into DGW25, but we can’t have everything. I could realistically still go for this option but it feels uncomfortable in that I currently have a strong team for DGW25 without the need for a wildcard and that I’d want to move out at least 2 Leeds assets from the DGW25 WC team going into DGW26 (i.e. 4 points hit booked in before any other tinkering).
4. Use my 2 free transfers in DGW24 and wildcard in DGW25 in preparation for DGW26 through to DGW28 but bench boosting at some future time (i.e. after DGW26) when the bench looks more impressive than it might in DGW26.
5. Use free transfers to navigate DGW24 through DGW28 without using the wildcard, and free hitting in BGW29. This option banks on there being a better time to use the wildcard after BGW29. It could be good if there were future disruptions, new teams emerging and the template changing drastically. I can see the need to get in Chelsea assets if they keep up their improved form.
I’ll wait on injury news and leave the transfers until as late as possible, but I’m inclined this week to do one of:
– De Gea to Pope and Calvert-Lewin to Cavani
– Dias to Tarkowski and Calvert-Lewin to Jesus
– Dias to Tarkowski and Son to Sterling
Next week will likely be Soucek to Raphinha if I don’t play the wildcard.
Captain will probably be Gundogan or Sterling if he comes in.
Transfer summary: to be confirmed
Here’s the team prior to any transfers being made:
Stephen’s last 4 seasons overall rank were 86k, 43k, 52k and 64k
GW23 points: 76 (FPL average 58) Total points: 1,459, Overall Rank: 63k, green arrow 15k, Team Value: £105.8m
Stephen has used his Free Hit Chip
Follow Stephen on twitter here
Plan is to BB in 26 without wildcarding, then use FT to get to 29 and wildcard in 30.
W24: Robertson>Stones and Coufal>Shaw this week with 2FT
W26: Bamford>Kane and a likely -4 to get a replacement for Soucek (probably Jorginho with my funds)
Will have Pope, Martinez, Cancelo, Stones, Shaw, Salah, Gundo, Bruno, Grealish, Richarlison, Kane, Richarlison, Watkins, Jorginho as DGW players in 26 and Dallas, KWP as SGW players (small chance Walker Peters (KWP) gets a double in 26 but will get one at some point)
I’ll have Richarlison+3 City for DGW24 and Dallas, KWP, Bamford for DGW25
For 29 I’ll have Martinez, Kane, Grealish, Watkins, Dallas and will have 3FT to get some more (and a small hit if needed to get 9/10 players). Likely Bamford back, Son and a Brighton defender as they also have good fixtures up to 29.
I haven’t ruled out a WC in 25, in which case I’ll get Son for Salah and a Leicester midfielder for Soucek and get an extra doubler for Dallas but it’s unlikely I’ll go down this route.
Good luck all
Transfer summary: Robertson out to Stones in and Coufal out Shaw in this week with 2FT
Here’s the team prior to the transfers being made:
Avishek’s last 3 seasons are 13k, 45k and 64k
GW23 points: 74 (FPL average 58) Total points: 1,422, Overall Rank: 177k, green arrow 26k, Team Value: £105.3m
Avishek has used his Free Hit Chip
Transfer Summary; Likely Robertson out and Lowton in
Here’s the team prior to any transfers taking place
Ben’s last 4 seasons overall rank were 5k, 61k, 26k and 31k.
GW23 points: 64 (FPL average 58) Total points: 1,362, Overall Rank: 597k, red arrow 33k, Team Value: £106.1m
Ben has used his Free Hit Chip
Follow Ben on twitter here
Early transfers done which may cause me problems at least with Calvert Lewin
Transfer summary: Early transfers completed of Pope in Forster out and Antonio out Calvert Lewin in
FFGeek Contributors League
The highlighted FFGeek contributors combined team finished with an overall rank of 52k last season is going ok in 2nd place with total points of 1,502 and an overall rank of 13k. You can follow that team, including live transfers, on our subscription Patreon site.
You can also follow Joe’s transfer planner team which finished with an overall rank of 32k last season currently in 19th place with total points of 1,370 and an overall rank of, 520k.
There’s loads of other features on the Patreon site that you can read about at the top of this page
Auto join the FFGeek FPL league
#FPL #team #tips #DGW24 #FFGeek #Contributors #teams #part