Here’s an early article where 4 FFGeek Contributors show their FPL teams GW13. There’s Andrew Pratt, Rob Reid, Andrew Whitfield and Kev in Canada
FPL teams GW13 – 4 FFGeek Contributors teams part 1
I outline my FPL strategy along with 10 other FFGeek contributors in our new EBook.
A reminder of the additional Patreon content
$2 plus Vat per calendar month
* Weekly podcasts with myself and the FFGeek Contributors
* All the articles on www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk advert free
$3 plus Vat per Calender month (plus the above)
* access to the FFGeek Contributor tracker team incl live transfers (52k OR in 19/20)
*access to Joseph Crilleys transfer planner and points projection tool
* access to the the Patreon Planner team runs from Joe’s planner projection tool incl live transfers (32k OR 19/20)
* Imaginary wildcard articles
*Bandwagon and Sinking Ships articles
*Slack Channel access
*access to private FPL leagues
No Commitment beyond 1 Calender month
This is part 1 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. It won’t cover transfers in real time either. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more. The teams are shown as their “final-ish” teams so they could change. Where they have twitter accounts I have shown this and they may update them there or on our Slack Channel which is part of our subscription Patreon site but this is not guaranteed
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 313k last 8k in 18/19 and 1k in 17/18
GW12 points: 66 -4 (FPL average 51) Total points: 756, Overall Rank: 144k, green arrow: 8k Team Value: £102.5m
Andrew has used his wildcard
A small green arrow despite a 4 point hit this week feels most welcome. An above average score was made possible by Martinez, the City defenders and captain Salah coming through. I escaped being punished as a Grealish non-owner by El Ghazi taking their penalty instead. Vardy did punish me in the week I gave up on him and transferred him out. The Jota transfer has been dismal and he now must go too. Fulham seem to have turned around their poor form and were very impressive against Liverpool. Arsenal, Sheffield United and West Brom look worth avoiding.
Barring major injury news before their price changes, I’ll go Jota out for Grealish (talisman, penalties, good fixtures, doubles on the horizon). The captaincy is on de Bruyne and vice will probably be on Bamford. I’m not looking at Salah or Son for captain or vice as they are likely to have a very tough game. If my City defenders start I think there is serious assist potential against West Brom. Otherwise my bench should cope.
Good luck and don’t forget the Tuesday deadline this week, folks!
Transfer summary: Likely Jota out Grealish in
Here is the team before the Grealish transfer:
Rob’s last 5 seasons overall rank were 148k, 94k, 22k, 4k and 7k
GW12 points: 67 -4 (FPL average 51) Total points: 727, Overall Rank: 437k, green arrow: 49k Team Value: £103.6m
Rob has used his wildcard
Follow Rob on twitter here
Same score as last week – 65. 7 returners this time and a bit of a reverse from last week – most of the points came from defence and the strikers with Martinez the star of the show with 11 and 5, 5 and 8 from Bamford, Calvert Lewin and Adams respectively. My 2 other defensive returns were Walker Peters and Cancelo.
Captain Salah returned a single goal for my only midfield return – perhaps slightly disappointing, especially when triple returner Jamie Vardy was transferred out for -4 to work him in. And once again there was the Kane/Son show but as I’ve said a lot this season – you can’t have them all!
In the end a small green arrow – I’d have taken this at the start of the week considering I took a -4 but what could have been if I’d held Vardy! Got to put it in perspective though, I now own Salah for a good run of fixtures from GW14 and I’ve also got Bamford instead of a red flagged player which in theory is better moving forward with the hectic festive schedule incoming.
A short turnaround for the first midweek GW for a little while – get it used to it folks, the gameweeks come thick and fast now.
1FT again and 0.1m in the back. I’ve got Jota red flagged and I’m quite keen to shift him on ASAP to make sure I’ve got some good playing bench options with the spectre of rotation looming over the busy next couple of weeks.
The rest of my bench looks weak with Neco Williams minutes likely to be limited now, so I’ll reverse the move I made 3 weeks ago and switch Jota back to Soucek which also frees up a further £1.8m in funds. I’m going to wait until Tuesday if possible to do the move though and I can take a 0.1m drop on Jota without this affecting the selling price so I’ll bide my time to make sure no other injury news is forthcoming.
For my team, I’ll probably start Adams over Soucek with Walker-Peters and Neco Williams making up the rest of the bench, though I am tempted to start Walker-Peters against a struggling Gunners team.
I had initially planned De Bruyne for the captaincy this week, but I’m now leaning towards Bruno Fernandes against an ailing Sheffield United defence. I’ll probably make a final call on this on Tuesday once I’ve had a chance to hear some team news on City (wishful thinking I know!) I’ll Tweet my final team probably early on Tuesday evening.
Good luck folks!
Transfer summary: Likely Jota out Soucek in
Here’s the team prior to the transfer being made:
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 132k last season and 6k in 18/19 and 19k in 17/18
GW12 points: 67 (FPL average 51) Total points: 719, Overall Rank: 562k, green arrow: 146k Team Value: £102.6m
Andrew has used his wildcard
Follow Andrew on twitter here
Gameweek 12 summary:
– Well plenty of late twists, penalties and VAR drama, a bore draw in the Manchester derby which was not good for KDB and Bruno Fernandes owners, Kane and Son combine again ( !! ), a late penalty for Mo Salah delighted armbanders just when he was about to be subbed ( !! ) and a significant rank changing Vardy Party in the final game !!!
My GW12 score and rank:
– 67 points with seven returning players including a captain goal is a good week by any standards. All three strikers returned, 11 points from my keeper, that late Mo penalty, and two clean sheets.
– That’s now six successive green arrows, my third best individual gameweek rank, a 146k green arrow this week, up from 708k to 562k this week and up from 1.7M six weeks ago, so got to be happy with that. Happy with my team and I have the momentum to kick on.
– Just like last week, I was sitting on a significantly better position and staring at a much larger rise until significant rank busting returns from well owned players checked my progress. Vardy this week !! It was an “almost week” again for what looked like being much much better than it turned out. But my glass is very much half full and I am in positive mood after six green arrows.
– The last two weeks have been encouraging in that even when the likes of Son and Kane come into points, I can still come out with green arrows and do so consistently. I didn’t own Vardy this week or Salah the week before. And Kane and Son combined together both weeks. That means that when my chosen three premiums to come out best, it’s really going to project me forward. I still need strong pants watching Spurs play. I was so focused on dodging the Spurs bullet this week, I forget the sucker punch from Vardy that caught me full in the face in the last round. But you simply can’t own them all !!
The significant points:
– I was rewarded from holding on to Martinez and going keeperless last week. He has good fixtures and two double gameweeks ahead, so pleased with that call.
– Three successive clean sheets for Dias since I signed him. A very solid looking Man City back line now. Clean sheets are rewarded equally to goals. He will be rotated as most players will, but Pep talks up his performance every game.
– I have held Justin from GW1 but benched him and missed his best points of the season with 11 points at first sub !! But I will always play three at the back and always play Chilwell. My other two defenders kept clean sheets, and had better clean sheet odds and duly got them, so that Justin assist was just one of those things.
– I consider myself a very fortunate Salah captainer. His penalty was poorly struck, almost saved, came very late and the difference between a scored penalty and missed one for a captain, with bonus points too does not bear thinking about. Huge relief !!!
– Apparently Grealish now has penalties at Villa, not Watkins, apart from when El Ghazi is on the field, which he was when Villa were awarded one in the last minute !! How easily that 2 pointer from Grealish could have been a double figure haul with bonus !!
– That 0-0 snooze fest at Old Trafford was not how I expected things to play out. The worst possible result for owning both KDB and Bruno when all I hoped for was a premium shoot out !!
– I funded my Salah purchase by losing Vardy which added salt to the wound after lining up Vardy and Justin for the last few weeks !! Ouch !! On a positive note, I chose Adams over Watkins and Wilson as a replacement so another good call. I did so with one eye on the saving in cash too which can help me a lot from this week !!
– Bamford and the reliable Calvert Lewin came in with key points again. I am not one of the many Calvert Lewin sellers. You know who you are. 10 returns in 12 games. He is not going anywhere.
So what next ?
– I have one free transfer and 0.6M in the bank and I have two options to put that to good use.
– I took Adams over Wilson and Watkins to give me the cash to get Justin up to Reece James for a Chelsea defence double up with Chilwell. Chelsea have been great defensively since Mendy arrived, and covering both attacking full backs provides cover for an attacking team who score goals. A high chance they will be involved.
– But when I play three at the back and always start Dias, playing two Chelsea defenders too would freeze out Walker Peters and Coufal. And when the Southampton clean sheet is so highly owned with McCarthy, Walker Peters and Vestergard, I need to protect that position when they have a good fixture. Plus I reminded myself how stressful cheering a double clean sheet is !! The Justin points sealed me shelving this move. I have Chilwell, Dias and a three way rotation that will always throw me one great clean sheet opportunity. It works well so I can still get clean sheet potential without the double clean sheet stress.
– So the earmarked 0.6M is going in a different direction instead. The “Czech Fellaini”, aka Soucek is popping up regularly now, he has been threatening it all season, he is highly owned amongst my fellow contributors who are excellent judges ( !! ) and I want him in my squad. I appreciate that under my often used 343, he will be first sub often and that could lead to frustration, but he can also fit very nicely into my plans. It also means I have three bench players who can all play a part when fixtures align and a strong bench wil be crucial over the busy holiday period.
– So I can upgrade my bench fodder one pointer Riedewald to Soucek. I have exactly the right money to do so. It also means that when Southampton have a great fixture, I can play 343 with Walker Peters and Adams, And when West Ham have a great fixture, I can play Coufal and Soucek in a 352 !! So Adams and Soucek can effectively rotate for my 7th attacker. And with inevitable rotation, they are both a solid first sub, although when playing three at the back, it will be a defender that auto subs in first if Chilwell or Dias sit out. Not the attacker, even If first named sub. But a three way defender rotation covers that well.
– That Southampton / West Ham “pivot” leaves Justin out if it, but he can still be head of my three way defender rotation for that third defender spot, if Leicester have the best fixture. I have one eye on Justin being the “cash cow” because of his price, to get me a 2nd playing keeper for a possible double gameweek “bench boost” in January once the expected fixture changes are announced which will throw blanks and doubles our way. If a 4M playing keeper doesn’t arise, and Justin loses his spot to Castagne and Ricardo, that’s an option.
– I was born on the 13th ( Friday the 13th ) so the number 13 holds no fear. It’s often my lucky number. So GW13 I approach confidently.
– After De Bruyne and Fernandes nullified each other at the weekend, they line up this week against West Brom and Sheff United, so two great fixtures, and both good captain options. They both have great fixtures at a time when the Spurs deadly duo go to Liverpool too, which bodes well. Hopefully Mourinho parks the bus and Spurs don’t cross the half way line..
– So KDB has West Brom, Bruno has Sheff Utd, Bamford has Newcastle, Grealish has Burnley and I am lining up eight home fixtures. Hopefully that translates to points.
– I am bringing in Soucek, starting him v Palace in a 352 with Adams benched at Arsenal.
Likely Riedewald to Soucek , to be done on Tuesday subject to no further surprise fires to fight. Captain currently on De Bruyne but Fernandes also a possibility depending on the polls.
Team is BEFORE transfers, so would see Soucek in as 5th mid and Adams benched.
Good luck everyone !!
Harry Vernon’s last 4 seasons are 22k, 6k, an incredible 224th and 6k
GW12 points: 57 (FPL average 51) Total points: 725, Overall Rank: 470k, red arrow: 41k Team Value: £102.6m
Harry has yet to use any of his chips
Follow Harry on twitter here
What a crazy game week. For the first time in many years none of the Big 6 won.
Prior to the Leicester Brighton match, I was happily sitting on an 80K green arrow. Then Vardy and Justin who both have a 30% ownership ran riot, scoring 13 and 11 points respectively. I ended up with a red arrow of 40K.
Martinez (11) more than made up for last GW with a clean sheet, 2 save points and 3 bonus points. Dias (6) returned his third clean sheet on the bounce.
Calvert Lewin (5) and Bamford (5) both returned assists.
Mo (16) gave me another captaincy success in a below par Liverpool performance.
Anyway, onwards and hopefully upwards. Not long until the next GW.
Unless there is any breaking news before the deadline, I will hold my transfer
Man City have an enticing match at home to WBA and Man Utd travel to a woeful Sheff Utd. Both look great fixtures. At the moment Kevin De Bruyne has the armband. I will confirm either way on twitter.
Transfer summary: Carrying over a free transfer
Here’s the team assuming no transfer is made
FFGeek Contributors League
The highlighted FFGeek contributors combined team finished with an overall rank of 52k last season is going ok in 4th place with total points of 752 and an overall rank of 170k. You can follow that team, including live transfers, on our subscription Patreon site.
You can also follow Joe’s transfer planner team which finished with an overall rank of 32k last season currently in 23rd place with total points of 667 and an overall rank of, 1,838k.
There’s loads of other features on the Patreon site that you can read about at the top of this page
#FPL #teams #GW13 #FFGeek #Contributors #teams #part