Here’s an article where 4 FFGeek Contributors show their FPL teams GW17. There’s Scott Taylor, Andrew Whitfield, Kris O and Sergio Torija
FPL teams GW17 – 4 FFGeek Contributors teams part 1
I outline my FPL strategy along with 10 other FFGeek contributors in our new EBook.
A reminder of the additional Patreon content
$2 plus Vat per calendar month
* Weekly podcasts with myself and the FFGeek Contributors
* All the articles on www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk advert free
$3 plus Vat per Calender month (plus the above)
* access to the FFGeek Contributor tracker team incl live transfers (52k OR in 19/20)
*access to Joseph Crilleys transfer planner and points projection tool
* access to the the Patreon Planner team runs from Joe’s planner projection tool incl live transfers (32k OR 19/20)
* Imaginary wildcard articles
*Bandwagon and Sinking Ships articles
*Slack Channel access
*access to private FPL leagues
No Commitment beyond 1 Calender month
This is part 1 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. It won’t cover transfers in real time either. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more. The teams are shown as their “final-ish” teams so they could change. Where they have twitter accounts I have shown this and they may update them there or on our Slack Channel which is part of our subscription Patreon site but this is not guaranteed
note: All 4 of these articles were written before the fixtures were added
Burnley v Man Utd is added to BGW18
Man City v Aston Villa is added to DGW19
Scott finished with an overall rank of 15k last season, 1k 18/19 and 12k in 17/18
GW16 points: 47 (FPL average 37) Total points: 990, Overall Rank: 73k, red arrow: 2k Team Value: £105.2m
Likely transfer: Will carry over the free transfer as not free hitting in GW18.
Captain: Fernandes or Salah (on Fernandes at the moment). Vice: whoever isn’t captain out of Fernandes and Salah.
transfer summary: Likely transfer Branthwaite to Dallas
Here’s Scott’s team assuming no transfer is made
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 132k last season and 6k in 18/19 and 19k in 17/18
GW16 points: 48 -4 (FPL average 37) Total points: 973, Overall Rank: 145k, red arrow: 15k Team Value: £103.6m
Follow Andrew on twitter here
Gameweek 16 review:
– Well what a crazy gameweek that was, with two games lost completely to Covid and quite a few popular players rotated too !! So all eyes on benches and vice captains and scrambling to get 11 players out on the pitch !!
– We only had 12 goals in total, only one team scored more than once and that was Leeds, who scored five !! 7 of their 10 outfield players either scored or assisted !!
– With De Bruyne, Calvert Lewin, Kane and Son not playing, Vardy having a brief bench cameo, and Salah blanking, the assist from Bruno Fernandes was as good as it got for the big premium players. Only four players made it to a double figure score !!
My GW16 score:
– 48-4 with only four “returners”, bringing two clean sheets, four assists and zero goals. Throw in a captain blank from Salah too and it all made for a tough gameweek. In the end, I was grateful for a 12 pointer from Dallas to save my week from a worse fate.
My overall rank:
– So a run of nine successive green arrows finally comes to an end. But the damage was quite limited, with only a modest fall from 130k to 145k. It could have been a lot worse. I feel like I really got away with one. Nine steps forward and just one small step back is a great place to be as we head into the new year !!!
My GW16 talking points:
– Dallas stepped up from 2nd sub, which made my decision to select him ahead of Coufal in the benching order a great one as it turned out !! I only brought Dallas in the week before. He now has four successive returns. A Bruno Fernandes assist, two Bamford assists, and Walker Peters clean sheet was as good as it got otherwise. Charlie Taylor missed out on the clean sheet by getting injured and Soucek blanked when I needed him after scoring 10 points last week from first sub when I didn’t !!
– My two transfers of the week were quite comical. De Bruyne and Calvert Lewin out ( neither played ) in came Son ( who didn’t play either ) and Vardy ( who got a 20 min cameo ). All for a -4 too !!
– The Spurs postponement probably did me a big favour, as Son was “rank neutral”, and Kane was my biggest “rank threat” of the week. The most popular player to sting me was Robertson, who is looking great. I need to find a way to get him in sooner rather than later.
So what next :
– Well the biggest question is whether the big blank GW18 ( 5 games ) and the big double GW19 ( 15 games ) will go ahead in it’s current schedule. The two postponements from GW16 have added to the possibility of that changing, as two extra games now need to be squeezed in, on top of three other games that need a new home. There is the possibility of extra games being moved to the blank and / or the double, and even games being moved from the double to the blank. And that’s without the fresh fears of Covid cancelling games in those weeks !!
– All of this is not helpful when “the planners and the purists “ amongst the serious FPL players have been making each and every move over the last few weeks, with these two significant weeks in mind. For now, I am proceeding with my plan and I am still looking to use the “free hit “ chip in GW18, when there are only five scheduled games and I only currently have five players. I have been building for the double GW19 and I currently have 10 “doublers” including a full playing bench, all with two games each. So I plan to go into GW19 with 11 doublers and if the games all look like being played as planned, play the “bench boost” chip to effectively put 26 players out in the double gameweek.
– Things can change rapidly, both with Covid and fixture rescheduling, so all I can do is proceed with my plans until we know different. Whether I go ahead with the bench boost will also depend on the confidence of games going ahead. Building for the bench boost has been both a help in providing squad depth for weeks like we just had when Dallas popped in from my bench, but also a hindrance as it means tying extra money up on the bench that could be used in the starting eleven !! It’s also given me multiple benching headaches each week too.
My transfer plans:
– I have one free transfer and 1.2M in the bank.
– I have a few options this week in line with my “blank and doubles plan” and I probably will keep all options open until a couple of hours before the deadline, with so much uncertainty about. It’s crazy to be making early transfers right now. Price changes and team value really are secondary.
– Firstly, I need a 2nd playing keeper to prepare in case I play the bench boost in GW19. I currently have Martinez who is going nowhere as Villa have two extra games so two double gameweeks still to schedule. I can look at Johnstone or McCarthy, the former having just shipped 5 goals and facing Arsenal, the latter facing Liverpool. Meslier is a possible but he faces a trip to Spurs. So I will probably leave my keeper transfer until GW19, as this weeks fixtures are not great, even though Martinez also faces Man Utd. I don’t want to commit to it unless I know I am definitely bench boosting.
– A hamstring injury to Charlie Taylor is disappointing, just when he had prime home games v Sheff Utd and Fulham. He is also a doubler in GW19. But his double is not a good set of fixtures and Burnley v Fulham could be a Covid doubt this week and he is injured, so I am going to move him on. My defender fixtures this week are not great with Walker Peters facing Liverpool, Dallas away to Spurs and Taylor injured. So it makes sense to replace him this week. My budget, allowing for a second keeper would get me Justin who has two home games in the double week, as well as Newcastle this week. That’s my most likely transfer this week.
– I am really wanting Robertson in my team. I have an option to replace Taylor with Robertson, and downgrade Grealish to El Ghazi, who is out scoring Grealish heavily, and have enough for a keeper upgrade from my budget and banked funds. It involves a hit but that’s a tempting one. I could go for an xtra double gameweek player rather than Grealish and then go to El Ghazi when Villa fixtures improve as they don’t currently double either. Robertson is a top priority.
– I really wanted Harry Kane v Fulham and Leeds, but I had to take Vardy instead if I was to afford a 2nd keeper. I could have gone Kane and then flipped to Vardy and a 2nd keeper in the double week which would have meant booking in a future -4 in GW19, with risks of more. As it’s worked out with Taylor getting injured, to get Vardy in for the double week and dealing with an injury and a keeper switch would have hit me with a possible -8 in GW19, so it was the prudent move to go straight from Calvert Lewin to Vardy. The fact Kane didn’t play meant it worked well but that doesn’t stop me worrying about Kane v Leeds. I can move vardy to Kane but it looks short sighted when Vardy could match him at Newcastle and has an extra game in the double week, and I still have Taylor and the keeper to fix. As much as Kane appeals this week, its storing up a lot of other problems and points hits. So yet another week of Kane hiding. But at least I have Son now who I could captain too to cover the Kane risk !!
– So lots of options !!!! and with uncertainty over games in the mix too, as well as fixture rescheduling possibilities, I won’t be doing anything until just before the deadline, which I will post via Twitter.
GW17 transfers and captain:
– Currently the armband is on Son v Leeds which is more fixtures over form. Leeds have back to back clean sheets but I think back to them conceding six at Old Trafford and how Son loves to counter attack !! Salah will be popular but he has just blanked in two easier fixtures than Southampton away. Bruno Fernandes seems ultra reliable and has Villa at home. All good options. I will be watching the polls closely.
transfer summary: to be confirmed. Thinking Taylor to Justin but that’s far from set.
Here is the team BEFORE transfers.
– It’s been a horrible year for most if not all of us. Who could have predicted what would happen this year across the world. FPL is a fantastic escape from that, and it’s an intense one at times too. But keep it in perspective. It’s just a game. Remember what’s really important. I wish you, your loved ones and families a happy new year.
Kris’s last 4 seasons overall rank were 39k, 44k, 46k and 23k
GW16 points: 46 -4 (FPL average 37) Total points: 965, Overall Rank: 194k, red arrow: 28k Team Value: £104.1m
My decision to switch Calvert Lewin and De Bruyne for Son and Kane and take a 4 point hit went sour with Spurs vs Fulham game called off.
If I Free Hit in gw18 it means I’ll lose this weeks transfer if I don’t use it. My plan with 0m was to switch Mitchell for Strujik. However, Taylor now looks injured so I’ll likely be replacing him. Adams also came off early (57’) so will be keeping tabs on whether that was injury related. The obvious Burnley replacement is Lowton or Pieters, but with Burnley scheduled to play Fulham who have a Covid outbreak I might need to re-think. With 4.5 to spend there is a range of options, for short term fixtures I’m considering Holding (4.4). I also may gameble on 1 of Rhys Williams or Phillips if I think they will get a run at centre back for a bargain at 4.0.
Captain Salah and vice Kane.
Transfer summary: to be confirmed
Here’s the team prior to any transfer being made:
Sergio’s last 4 seasons were 2k, 596k, 17k and 21k
GW16 points: 24 (FPL average 37) Total points: 856, Overall Rank: 2,027k, red arrow: 430k Team Value: £101.9m
And finally the Covid mess we had feared all season reached the premier league this week. We had 2 of the main games called off which surely affected all fpl managers to a more or lesser extent. I was surely in the wrong end of things, having maxed on 3 City players plus 2 additional Spurs ones. I end this week with a 8 players and a very poor score.
So no idea what to do next with so much uncertainty. If the City game doesn’t go ahead, I’ll need to at least replace one of the City players. I am currently not thinking on taking hits since who knows how that could end up. You can be taking hits to bring in players that then end up with a cancelled game. Which happened to me this week already, my transfer being Chilwell to Dier. So whatever.
I will be captaining Kane home to Leeds, vice for Salah.
Good luck all and wish all the Geekers a good end to the year !
transfer summary: to be confirmed
Here’s the team prior to any transfers being made
FFGeek Contributors League
The highlighted FFGeek contributors combined team finished with an overall rank of 52k last season is going ok in 3rd place with total points of 1002 and an overall rank of 42k. You can follow that team, including live transfers, on our subscription Patreon site.
You can also follow Joe’s transfer planner team which finished with an overall rank of 32k last season currently in 19th place with total points of 926 and an overall rank of, 590k.
There’s loads of other features on the Patreon site that you can read about at the top of this page
Auto join the FFGeek FPL league
#FPL #teams #GW17 #FFGeek #Contributors #teams #part