Double Gameweek 24 came to a conclusion on Tuesday evening as Manchester City extended their lead at the top of the Premier League table to ten points with a win over Everton.
Elsewhere on a generally underwhelming night for those with Fantasy interest, Burnley and Fulham played out a 1-1 draw at Turf Moor.
A throwaway line from Pep Guardiola in his pre-match interview on Wednesday evening set tongues wagging in the Fantasy Premier League world.
The City manager lamented a busy month ahead for his side before the clash with Everton, in doing so mentioning that games against Wolves and Southampton – City’s two outstanding fixtures following cup-related postponements – had been added to the calendar in March.
Those two matches could only be added to Gameweeks 26 and 27 if we’re looking at City’s schedule before the March international break:
|Premier League fixtures||Other fixtures|
|February 21||Gameweek 25: Arsenal (a)|
|February 24||UCL, last 16: Monchengladbach (a)|
|February 27||Gameweek 26: West Ham United (h)|
|March 2/3*||Gameweek 26: Soton (h)/Wolves(h)?|
|March 6*||Gameweek 27: Manchester United (h)|
|March 9/10*||Gameweek 27: Soton (h)/Wolves(h)?|
|March 13*||Gameweek 28: Fulham (a)|
|March 16||UCL, last 16: Monchengladbach (h)|
|March 20||FA Cup, quarter-final: Everton (a)|
*Exact March dates are yet to be finalised by the various broadcasters
ARE YOU ILKAY?
Missing his first Premier League game since Gameweek 12, Ilkay Gundogan (£6.1m) sat out City’s win at Goodison Park.
Guardiola had forewarned us that the German would miss out on the trip to Merseyside and he had more to say on the in-form midfielder ahead of kick-off, suggesting that a return to action in Double Gameweek 25 wasn’t yet assured:
Elsewhere on the fitness front, Kevin De Bruyne (£11.8m) marked his return from injury as a late substitute.
We await news on Joao Cancelo‘s (£6.1m) condition, with the Portuguese defender taking a heavy kick to his knee in second-half injury time and limping through to the game’s conclusion.
More to follow…
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#Guardiola #hints #Double #Gameweek #City #offers #Gundogan #update