After missing out on Manchester City’s win over Everton in midweek, Ilkay Gundogan has made a swift return from a groin injury and makes Pep Guardiola’s starting XI this afternoon.
Arsenal are the latest team attempting to stop City’s 17-game unbeaten run, with kick-off at the Emirates at 16:30 GMT.
Gundogan featured prominently in both the transfers in and out columns in the run-up to Gameweek 24: 365,022 Fantasy Premier League managers recruited the German after his huge haul against Spurs, with 244,409 of us moving the in-form midfielder on – no doubt influenced by the yellow flag that appeared next to his name following his no-show on Merseyside.
There is other noteworthy team news from the City camp, with Gundogan one of five players who are recalled.
Kevin De Bruyne makes his first start in over a month, with John Stones, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Fernandinho also back in Guardiola’s line-up.
Phil Foden drops to the bench despite scoring at Goodison Park, with Gabriel Jesus, Kyle Walker, Rodri and Aymeric Laporte also making way from the team that took to the pitch at kick-off on Wednesday.
Sergio Aguero, who has not played for City since the beginning of January, is also among the substitutes for the visitors.
Having named the same team in his last two competitive matches, Mikel Arteta also makes five changes to his starting XI.
Kieran Tierney, Rob Holding, Nicolas Pepe, Pablo Marí and Mohamed Elneny return, with Cedric Soares, David Luiz, Gabriel, Emile Smith Rowe and Dani Ceballos dropping to the bench.
Arsenal XI: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Pablo Mari, Tierney, Elneny, Xhaka, Saka, Odegaard, Pepe, Aubameyang.
Man City XI: Ederson, Joao Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Bernardo Silva, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Sterling.
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#Gundogan #fit #start #Bruyne #returns #City #Foden #drops #bench