The Premier League action on Boxing Day concludes with two matches that kick off simultaneously at 20:00 GMT.
Manchester City take on Newcastle United at the Etihad, while Everton are the visitors to Bramall Lane for a clash against Sheffield United.
After all the talk and worry over whether Pep Guardiola would roll out some seasonal rotation for tonight’s fixture, the City boss has made only one alteration from the starting XI that defeated Southampton in their last Premier League outing.
It’s an enforced one at that as Nathan Ake comes in to replace Kyle Walker, who has tested positive for coronavirus.
Gabriel Jesus also returned a positive COVID-19 test result ahead of this match and, like Walker, is currently self-isolating.
Sergio Aguero is again only among the substitutes, with Ferran Torres given the nod to lead the line for the hosts.
There are four changes for Newcastle from their 1-1 draw with Fulham, the most notable of which sees Callum Wilson benched.
Sean Longstaff, Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett also make way from Steve Bruce’s line-up, with the latter two not in the matchday squad.
Matty Longstaff, Fabian Schar, Isaac Hayden and Jacob Murphy are the players handed recalls.
Bruce said of Wilson’s benching ahead of kick-off:
He has got a knock as well, so he’s not quite 100%. He’s played four games in 12 days, so it’s important to look after him a bit.
Over in South Yorkshire, there are two changes made by Chris Wilder from Gameweek 14.
John Lundstram is banned and John Fleck drops to the bench, with Oliver Burke and Ben Osborn handed starts.
That means that Rhian Brewster gets another run-out in attack for the visitors.
Carlo Ancelotti, who has promised rotation in the Gameweek 16 match against Manchester City, goes full strength at Bramall Lane – or at least, as full strength as he can amid the glut of injuries at the club.
His only change to the starting XI from last weekend is enforced, with Richarlison missing out with a concussion and replaced by Anthony Gordon out wide.
James Rodriguez remains out.
Sheffield United XI: Ramsdale, Basham, Egan, Robinson, Baldock, Osborn, Ampadu, Stevens, McGoldrick, Brewster, Burke.
Everton XI: Pickford, Holgate, Keane, Mina, Godfrey, Doucoure, Davies, Sigurdsson, Gordon, Iwobi, Calvert-Lewin.
Manchester City XI: Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Ake, Gundogan, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Torres, Sterling.
Newcastle United XI: Darlow, Yedlin, Schar, Fernandez, Clark, Ritchie, Hayden, M Longstaff, Murphy, Almiron, Joelinton.
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#Mahrez #Wilson #benched #Guardiola #opts #Torres #Aguero #front