The second Premier League fixture of the day is, or is meant to be, Manchester United v Liverpool.
Kick-off at Old Trafford was scheduled for 16:30 BST but the start of the match has been delayed – with a new time still to be announced – and there is more than a bit of uncertainty over whether the game even goes ahead.
That’s because thousands of United fans have been protesting against the club’s ownership ahead of kick-off, with supporters present inside and outside the ground and holding up the departure of the team bus from the Lowry Hotel.
A section of the support managed to get onto the grass, although the pitch has since been cleared.
As it stands, the Premier League have said the game will be going ahead – although inspections are underway to determine the extent of any damage caused.
An update will follow at 16:00 BST.
The teamsheets have been released as scheduled, at least.
The headline news is that Diogo Jota is only among the substitutes, with Jurgen Klopp reverting back to his tried-and-tested 4-3-3 set-up following a dalliance with a more attacking formation last weekend.
Jota is one of two players who drop out of the starting XI, with Georginio Wijnaldum also making way.
Nat Phillips has been passed fit and returns at centre-half, while James Milner is recalled in the middle of the park.
Phillips’ availability means that Fabinho returns to the centre of midfield after a stint in defence.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s line-up shows only one change from the side he sent out to face Leeds United last weekend.
Paul Pogba is back, with Daniel James dropping out.
Edinson Cavani is benched in the league again, with one of Mason Greenwood or Marcus Rashford set to lead the line.
Man Utd XI: Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire(C), Shaw; McTominay, Fred; Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Pogba; Rashford.
Liverpool XI: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Thiago, Fabinho, Milner; Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Mané.
SUNDAY’S OTHER GAMEWEEK 34 ACTION
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
#Man #Utd #Liverpool #kickoff #delayed #protesting #fans #invade #Trafford #pitch
Source : www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk – https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk%2F2021%2F05%2F02%2Fman-utd-v-liverpool-kick-off-delayed-as-protesting-fans-invade-old-trafford-pitch%2F