Joe and Az are joined by former Fantasy Premier League champion Simon March ahead of Gameweek 13.
A last gasp penalty by Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah (£12.3m) against Fulham last time out underlined the value of investing in premium priced midfielders in FPL.
But with strong returns from Tottenham’s Harry Kane (£10.9m) and Leicester’s talisman Jamie Vardy (£10.3m) in Gameweek 12, there is a clear case for continuing to plough funds up top.
Joe, Az and Simon assess the merits of forward line investment, including the re-emergence post injury of Southampton marksman Danny Ings (£8.4m).
There are of course value striker picks, in the likes of Patrick Bamford (£6.3m). But how does the Leeds man compare in consistency of returns.
The pressing need of cheap enablers elsewhere has never been so crucial amid strong returns from expensive assets. Our trio look at the best budget buys, particularly in defence, with an eye on strengthening benches as Christmas rotation draws near.
Liverpool midfielder Diogo Jota (£6.9m) was among useful picks for managers looking to save money. But with an injury sidelining him for a number of weeks, the Scoutcasters look at likely replacements, for a similar or cheaper price tag.
Meanwhile, this latest episode finds time for all the usual features, with last Gameweek’s highs and lows reviewed, rough with the smooths aired and next four fixtures frisked. The crew also reveal their captaincy and transfer plans for Gameweek 13, with opinion divided on which premium priced player to win the armband.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
With the Gameweeks arriving thick and fast, the live Scoutcast show will return again this week on Thursday night, to preview Gameweek 14.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#Scoutcast #Episode #premium #forwards #compete #FPLs #midfield #heavyweights