Tottenham Hotspur have announced that they have parted company with head coach Jose Mourinho.
Rumours about the Spurs manager’s departure started to swirl on Monday morning, with the club confirming his exit soon after.
Coaches Joao Sacramento, Nuno Santos, Carlos Lalin and Giovanni Cerra have also been relieved of their duties.
A statement from chairman Daniel Levy said:
Jose and his coaching staff have been with us through some of our most challenging times as a Club. Jose is a true professional who showed enormous resilience during the pandemic. On a personal level, I have enjoyed working with him and regret that things have not worked out as we both had envisaged. He will always be welcome here and we should like to thank him and his coaching staff for their contribution.
Ryan Mason will take first-team training in Mourinho’s stead today, with widespread media reports suggesting that he and fellow youth team coach Chris Powell will be in temporary charge of the Lilywhites from now until the end of the season.
Spurs are in Double Gameweek 32 action against Southampton on Wednesday evening and Mourinho had been scheduled to face the media tomorrow ahead of that game.
The north London side then blank in Gameweek 33 because of their involvement in the EFL Cup final.
An update of the condition of Harry Kane (£11.8m) is awaited after the striker limped out of the 2-2 draw with Everton last Friday.
Spurs face Manchester City in this weekend’s final and the Citizens could well be without Kevin De Bruyne (£12.0m) for that clash.
City posted a medical bulletin on Monday morning, confirming that the Belgian suffered an injury to his right foot and ankle in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final defeat against Chelsea.
The full extent of the problem is not yet known but De Bruyne will definitely miss the midweek clash with Aston Villa.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#Spurs #sack #Mourinho #Bruyne #ruled #Citys #Gameweek #match
Source : www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk – https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk%2F2021%2F04%2F19%2Fspurs-sack-mourinho-as-de-bruyne-is-ruled-out-of-citys-gameweek-32-match%2F