There are four more matches remaining for EURO 2020 Fantasy bosses who want to ‘twist’ the captaincy one last time in Matchday 3.
The most appealing tie on Wednesday is Germany’s clash with Hungary, which takes place at the Allianz Arena in Munich.
With points potential at both ends of the pitch, Germany left wing-back Robin Gosens (€5.2m) could prove the most astute armband answer tonight.
The defender amassed 14 points in Matchday 2 as Germany went to town on Portugal in a 4-2 victory. Gosens tallied one goal and two assists, while also had a strike ruled out for offside.
No player in that game had more shots on target than the Atalanta man (3). Joshua Kimmich (€6.2m) has an extra 10% ownership over Gosens (15%) but the Bayern Munich star is listed as a midfielder, which dents his armband appeal.
With Hungary requiring a win to make the knockout stages, Kimmich’s fellow midfielders Kai Havertz (€9.1m) and Serge Gnabry (€9.5m) are two more outstanding captaincy options.
Both players are expected to start in Joachim Low’s three-man forward line, with Havertz having looked far more dangerous from a statistical view against Portugal. Thomas Muller (€9.0m) is rated as an injury doubt.
Considering the damage that Gosens did down Portugal’s right-hand side, Kylian Mbappé (€12.0m) owners will be hoping it’s not three blanks in a row for the Paris Saint-Germain forward.
He had six goal attempts in Matchday 2 as France drew 1-1 away to Hungary, though hit the target just once. Mbappé was also close to hauling against Germany in France’s opening game, only for the offside flag to twice deny attacking returns.
While Mbappé has carded two blanks, it has been par for the course in the evergreen world of Cristiano Ronaldo (€12.2m). Sitting in 33% of squads, the Juventus forward has bagged 19 points in two games.
It will be a tough test for Ronaldo’s team against France, however. Only Spain, Italy and Germany have allowed fewer goal attempts on target than Didier Deschamps’ outfit.
While the Spanish have impressed in numbers terms at the back, it is going forward where Luis Enrique’s team have failed to convince. However, with teamsheets available before captain selections must be locked in, a punt on a forward – such as Alvaro Morata (€9.1m) or Gerard Moreno (€6.6m) – could pay dividends as Spain require a win to progress.
Access all EURO 2020 tournament AND qualifier data ONLY with Fantasy Football Scout Premium Membership
JOIN OUR MINI-LEAGUE WITH JUST EAT: 13RHPLTV09
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
#Matchday #EURO #Fantasy #captains #Wednesdays #games
Source : www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk – https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk%2F2021%2F06%2F23%2Fthe-best-matchday-3-euro-2020-fantasy-captains-for-wednesdays-games%2F